Get Started in 3 Easy Steps
QuitWorks can be used by all types of providers in small practices and public health programs. It is designed for general practitioners as well as medical specialists.
QuitWorks also has been adapted for child and family practitioners, with a focus on preventing child exposure to secondhand smoke from parents or guardians who use tobacco.
For information about using QuitWorks in clinics, community health centers, hospitals practices and larger practices, see Quitworks in a System of Care.
- Set up a system to identify tobacco users.
- Decide how physicians, nurses and other staff will be involved.
- During outpatient care, ask about tobacco use at every visit.
- Advise and motivate smokers to quit. Learn how.
- Prescribe pharmacotherapy, if appropriate, to relieve withdrawal symptoms and aid with stopping smoking. Use the Pharmacotherapy Guide to help you decide which medications are appropriate for your patients.
Complete the referral form
- Just fax the form to QuitWorks at 1-866-560-9113, and QuitWorks takes it from there!
- Your patient will recieve a call in 3-5 business days
- You will recieve a Patient Contact Report within 5 weeks
Learn more about getting started with QuitWorks:
- Read more about the three steps in the QuitWorks Implementation Guide.
- Watch a short video about how to use QuitWorks.
- Read about the services patients will receive through the Smokers’ Helpline.
- Obtain QuitWorks Tools, including patient brochures, a patient video, and pharmacotherapy pocket guides.
Need more help? Contact us and we will provide additional guidance.