It is our goal to respect your online privacy. In order to help keep this site a safe and private place for all users, we will not require you to register or provide any personal information to use the website. Makesmokinghistory.org does not obtain personally identifying information about visitors to our site unless users choose to provide such information. Makesmokinghistory.org receives personal information (such as name, e-mail, address, etc.) only from users who specifically and knowingly choose to provide such information in one of the following locations on this Web site:
- From users who choose to e-mail comments to firstname.lastname@example.org or other email addresses posted on the site.
- From users who choose to complete our feedback form.
- From users who choose to complete our contact form.
- From users who choose to register for Quit Wizard.
You can help protect your own privacy by reading this policy and taking the steps suggested below.
This website is not intended for use by children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect any information from children under the age of 13. Should we learn that a child under the age of 13 has provided personal information to us, we will delete it, to remain consistent with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) of 1998.
PLEASE NOTE: We take reasonable steps to ensure that this site and any information we receive from you or your computer is kept confidential UNLESS you tell us that you are harming or planning to harm yourself or others. We will also disclose information about you if we are required by law to do so or if we suspect any fraud in the use of the website.
Information Collected and Stored Automatically
As is true of most websites you enter, makesmokinghistory.org automatically collects some information about your computer and your visit and stores it in log files. This information includes:
- Your computer’s, or your internet service provider’s (ISP), internet protocol (IP) address (this is not your e-mail address);
- The internet domain name from which you access the internet (e.g., “AOL.com” or “msn.com”);
- The name, version, and specifications of your computer and your computer’s operating system;
- The internet address of the website, if any, from which you came to our site;
- The date and time you arrived at our site;
- How long you spent on the site; and
- Which pages you visited.
A “cookie” is a file placed on your hard drive by a website that allows it to monitor your use of the site, usually without your knowledge.
Quit Wizard Registration
Links to Other Websites and Services
This site may be linked to other sites and services that are not maintained by makesmokinghistory.org. These websites have their own privacy policies, which you should review prior to visiting them. We are not responsible for, nor have we reviewed all of the content of these sites. These other sites may collect data or ask for personal information. Always be aware of where you end up on the web.
The site has high industry standard security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Although we take measures to protect the security of the information you submit to us on the Site, we cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to us. You submit such information at your own risk and agree that we will not be liable for any damages or injury that may result from unauthorized access to your information.
Health Resources in Action, Inc.
95 Berkeley Street
Boston, MA 02116.
Thank you for visiting our website.